anything memorable happened today?

Depends on perspective. My house asked me to buy it a wife. No, my wife asked me to buy us a house. We wrote five good and five bad reasons why to buy a house. I ended up only with five bad ones. My main objection is that in our price range we will get shit house, which will be just awful, cold in winter and just unattractive and so why to bother then?

I finished reading The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman) which I bought when I visited big town (Auckland) week or two ago on the way to Kaukapakapa to Vipassana meditation retreat. I like Gaiman fantasy and it was overly enjoyable. Real easy read.

The quote of the week comes from Laibach: "We are fascists as much as Hitler was a painter".

Btw. our house got fresh white pain, no I mean paint and just shines. The painter mentioned something along the line that our life will be much better here now, but I wonder why because inside it is still the same. Do I look like a cicada or what? They sit all the summer on the walls of our house and make their loud noises, so they may appreciate it but not me. Just outside pain, inside it is still the same.

Fair enough though, cicadas live most of their life deep under the ground so they have a reason to climb on the house and just keep looking around in disbelieve and shriek.

Btw. I started this blog mainly because it was so easy to start one and customize blog template, but then realized that I have no content. So here is an attempt to create some content.

3 comments:

  1. There was nothing contented about that content - unless you're a cicada-enthusiast or forklift-lover and need an update on your life cycle.
    Love and kisses from,
    A house-side shrieker who just LOVES the new pain(t)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened tp your objection to house buying hmmm? So, you can only buy a shit house in your price range? Au contraire! The house you bought this week is rather lovely. May you eat your words, Pessimist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you two are grand, i could eat you up! x kathy

    ReplyDelete