so do you have to deserve wedding or not?

Now when I proposed to mother of my children and I've become semi-officially fiancé she keeps asking what I meant when I wrote that marriage must be deserved.

There are at least three answers to that question:

1. Nothing matters.

I truly believe that marriage is devalued and should be deserved to gain certain respect. But even if it is a strong believe it does not matter. Nothing matters. Nor marriage. Marriage here, marriage there, marriage everywhere. It is a thought but that's it. Nothing more then a thought. And wedding party.

2. Being rational is irrational (or boring)

I truly believe that marriage is devalued and should be deserved to gain certain respect. And you would expect that I will follow that believe and stick with it till the end of my life or till I withdraw it or update it or something. Well I could and that's what I've been doing whole my life. But it is actually more interesting to break your believes system and not follow it. It gives you sensation of freedom, you can learn that your original believe was or was not correct, you can learn that it does not matter if it was or was not correct; etc. in any case life goes on regardless what you do.

3. Make people happy

I truly believe that marriage is devalued and should be deserved to gain certain respect. But if it makes somebody happy - your partner, parents, neighbours, your dog, etc. - then why not to do it? When you make somebody happy you will get it back in some way.

4. Open your opportunities

I truly believe that marriage is devalued and should be deserved to gain certain respect. But being married or engaged means you can get divorced or disengaged and you would never be able to experience these things if you did not get married first. You would not want to be dying with regret that you never got divorced in whole your life.

5. I think I could go on....

1 comment: